Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Freakishly good morning

Monday was fine, but this morning approached sublime. It is crisp and sunny--a perfect fall day. I was out of bed around 6:30. I wrote. I drank tea. I made the lunches and snacks. I read a few paragraphs of the Debra Winger interview in the NYT magazine I've been saving. Sure this all took place in half an hour, but it was a glorious half hour.

My husband brought the children downstairs dressed. We fed them, loaded up the backpacks, etc. and hubby walked our two oldest to school, while the little guy and I finished breakfast. We actually had enough time to take the dog for a little walk around the neighborhood before leaving for preschool. And we arrived on time. Yes. On time. If you knew me, you would know what a wonderful and unexpected bonus that is. I was chronically late as a child, and even now I always have to try to do one more thing before heading out the door. Today, more than satisfied with the morning's accomplishments, I packed us directly in the van after our walk--not one more thing was necessary. Then I got a blissful 2.25 hours to catch up on emails, read a few blogs (see below), write a little, finish reading the Debra Winger interview, and indulge my wonderfully sickening addiction to diet coke. All of this in peace, with me alone in my own house, quite possible my favorite place on earth.

Now I am off to cardio tennis. One of my favorite mommy extracurriculars. Sounds ideal doesn't it? It surely is. Are you wondering, are all her mornings like this? I can say with certainty--not even f*cking close. Thank God today happened to prove the dream is possible every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment